This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how Sekura Global uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
The following tables describe the cookies we use on this site and what we use them for. Currently we operate an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy, then you should either not use this site, or you should delete sekura-global.com cookies having visited the site, or you should browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing” in Firefox and Safari etc).
The cookies we use fall into four broad types:
- Strictly Necessary (Session) Cookies – These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, such as setting up an account cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Cookies for Site Analytics – In order to keep the Site, its services and products relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site and products are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
If you would like more information on any of these types of Cookies, including how to opt-out, please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/.
They enable you to transact, whilst other non-essential cookies enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience and determine relevant products to show you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience
- To allow you to securely sign in to your Sekura Global Account, so that you can use “My Account” features such as order information, making payments and viewing statements
- To recognise the device that you are using
- To store the content of your online shopping basket whilst you browse the site and to complete an order
- To record the areas of the Site that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. Sekura Global uses this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our Site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide
- To distribute visitors to our Site evenly across platforms to ensure the content is served at the fastest possible speed
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing on other selected websites – these cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. Sekura Global uses First Party cookies (these are placed there and used solely by Sekura Global) and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
Are cookies safe?
Yes. The information stored in cookies is safe and anonymous to any external third party, and your account security is never compromised. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ and www.youronlinechoices.com/. For a video about cookies visit https://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Can I turn cookies off?
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the “Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar. For further information on non-essential cookies used for targeting and banner advertising please see below.
Strictly necessary (Session) Cookies
We use session cookies to remember your log-in and what you’ve put in the shopping basket. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/session-cookies-used-for.html.
|PHPSESSID||This cookie is used to hold the unique session ID which is generated every time our site is visited. This cookie is deleted when you close the browser.|
|Session_ID||This retains your ID for your shopping basket. Without this cookie, you cannot add products to your basket or make any purchases.|
Cookies for Site Analytics
|Provider||Cookie name||Expires||Purpose||More information|
|Google Analytics||_utma||2 years||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit to your site from that web browser. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits your site, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to your site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.||Read Google Analytics Safeguarding your data|
|Google Analytics||_utmb _utmc||30 minutes||These cookies work in tandem to calculate visit length. Google __utmb cookie demarks the exact arrival time, then Google __utmc registers the precise exit time of the user.||Read Google Analytics Safeguarding your data|
|Google Analytics||_utmz||6 months||This cookie stores the type of referral used by the visitor to reach your site, whether via a direct method, a referring link, a website search, or a campaign such as an ad or an email link. It is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within your own site. The cookie is updated with each page view to your site.||Read Google Analytics Safeguarding your data|
|Google Analytics||_utmv||2 years||This cookie is not normally present in a default configuration of the tracking code. The __utmv cookie passes the information provided via the _setVar() method, which you use to create a custom user segment. This string is then passed to the Analytics servers in the GIF request URL via the utmcc parameter. This cookie is only written if you have added the _setVar() method for the tracking code on your website page.||Read Google Analytics Safeguarding your data|
|Google Analytics||_utmx||2 years||This cookie is used by Website Optimizer and only set when the Website Optimizer tracking code is installed and correctly configured for your pages. When the optimizer script executes, this cookie stores the variation this visitor is assigned to for each experiment, so the visitor has a consistent experience on your site. See the Website Optimizer Help Center for more information.||Read Google Analytics Safeguarding your data|
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to email@example.com. You may also write to us or call us in the UK at Sekura Global, Aspen House, Stephenson Road, Colchester, CO4 9QR, United Kingdom – telephone: 08000 363 999. In the US you can call 888-4-SEKURA (888-473-5872).